Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's been awhile...

So the last time I blogged was actually a couple of years ago.  We were still living in Oklahoma.  Fort Sill to be exact.  I blogged on livejournal.com when I was in High School.  One of my good friends got me into it, Roland.  We'd blog instead of doing our work.  It was fun!  I kept it up all thru high school, thru all my crazy relationships, and even blogged about my true love finding me....my pregnancy with our daughter, Victoria  and life without him while he was deployed in South Korea for the first year and a half of our marriage.  It was a tough time for us, but we made it and have been married for 6 years.  We even added a sweet baby boy to our family.  Eli, he turned 2 in February.  But the Army is vicious sometimes, and duty called him to serve overseas again.  This time he is in Kuwait.  He thought Texas weather was unforgiving, till he met Kuwait!!  He's only been gone for almost 3 months now, and I am already feeling the stress of juggling our 2 kids, bills, yard work and having the closest family (his) an hour away.  I miss my family a lot.  They helped me out a lot the first deployment, and honestly, I am surprised I'm still somewhat sane.  Lucky for me, Tori starts school on Monday.  So that will be a couple of hours that Eli will have his mama all to himself.  I'm very anxious for Robert's R&R to get here.  Mostly I'm excited to see how Eli is going to react to him.  Eli is very jealous and protective of me, so needless to say, it will be very interesting.  I don't know how long I will keep up with this blog.  I guess as long as the kids let me stay on the keyboard!!  I love to write, and maybe this is the kind of hobby I need to help my days go by...even if it just helps with 20 minutes.  :)

---Elaine
Tori & Eli Dec 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment